Our boarding services are defined as extended stays of greater than 24 hrs. Animals are regularly exercised and socialized. Weather conditions and temperature dictate indoor & outdoor play. On day of pick-up animals are provided with basic grooming services. Pet care is comfortable and as stress free as possible. We ask that you provide: —Regular medications —Your own food —Shot records
We also provide boarding services for specialty animals including cats, rodents, birds, and other critters.
Boarding Policies & Guidelines:
- For the safety of your pet and those belonging to others, all dogs MUST be on a leash when entering or exiting our facility. Our parking lot is directly on a very busy road and there may be multiple dogs coming and going at the same time. We will gladly assist you to and from your vehicle.
- Reservations are required for boarding under normal circumstance. We will always do our best to accommodate emergencies and last minute requests.
- We do require a phone call or text message 15 to 20 minutes prior to your arrival for drop off . This allows us to begin the check in process and also safely manage the dogs as they enter our facility. Text messages can be sent to: 907-322-2323. For boarding pickups please give at least 30 minutes notice. This allows us time to clip your dogs nails, brush them, and gather their belongings.
- All dogs boarding at ABC K9 must have a regular flat collar. For the safety of your pet, harnesses, choke chains, and prong collars will be removed at check in. Martingale collars are available for purchase in the front office for $6.00
- Things to bring for your pet's stay:
- Food that your pet is accustomed to eating. Staying on the same diet helps prevent stomach upsets. Please bring more than you think your pet may need. Dogs staying at ABC K9 are very active and may require additional calories to maintain weight.
- Treats that you may want your pet to have.
- Hard toys like Kongs or bones
- Any medications or supplements that your pet needs.
- Please DO NOT bring:
- Bowls. We use our own stainless steel buckets and bowls for food and water. Please speak to a Manager if your pet has special feeding requirements, i.e. slow feeders, raised feeding station, etc.
- Rawhides. If pieces of these are eaten the hard edges can damage your dog's soft insides.
- Soft toys. These are susceptible to being torn apart and ingested by dogs in pieces that cannot pass through the digestive tract.
- Bedding. While the fabric of your own dog's bedding may not harbor any bacteria harmful to your dog, bringing it into the boarding area may facilitate the spread of illnesses to other boarding and daycare dogs.
- If food is not provided for your pet, there will be a $1/per meal fee charged to your pet's stay. We feed Diamond Naturals Lamb and Rice.
- Should your pet run out food during their stay, we will purchase a bag for them. There is a $5.00 expediting fee for this service.
***Please Note: Boarding stays of longer than 2 weeks (14 calendar days) require a 20% deposit and a credit card number on file. Your card will not be charged unless you do not pick up your pet on the designated date of departure. If you need to extend your pet's stay please contact the kennel as soon as possible.***